Custom Search

Monday, September 28, 2009

My Little Pony Frigate: Navyfield.com

Quickie: Download



Navy Field is a game where you play pre-WWII battle ships in a WWII like setting. What I like most about the game is, it’s free and the gameplay is relatively the same.

There is a optional membership fee of 10$, but it only offers 40% more XP, credits, and when you are in battle for give minutes or more you gain 1,000 more XP. So, unless you want to level up faster, paying for a membership isn’t really worth it.

As a beginner, you start out as a Frigate, a small ship. I named mine ‘My Little Pony’ just to satisfy my quirky girlyness. You have to recruit a captain, some gunners and other characters to help your ship. I was thankful I had some friends to help me out because it was a little confusing and some of the buttons you need to press are too small.

When I did play my first game I discovered I could only hide or distract higher level ships with some maneuvering skills, but you should only do this until you team reaches 100,000 attack points in order to gain XP.

The game itself is extremely customizable because of the vast choice in ships and tech tree selection. Your tech tree determines what your ships specialty will be. If you do make a mistake, do not worry you can always make another ship and experiment with what you really want.



At level 12 you have to choose a nation: Germany, Japanese, American or UK. You cannot mix nations, except for the Germans and Japanese, and each nation has its own benefits:
Germany-good anti-air guns, but bad armor
Japanese-best verity of carriers and best dive-bombers
American-average stats
UK-heavy armor but low range

The main goal of the game is to win battles and level up your sailors. Leveling up happens automatically, but you have to make sure you have enough recruits, especially when they can become experts in their field.

Training recruits to be experts can be risky because they can fail in the training and you loose the recruits.

This is not a game for the casual gamer, it takes planning and some dedication if you are going to enjoy the game. It especially helps to have friends and asking more experienced players to help you if you have questions, otherwise the game will suck and you suck.

I also have an issue with the aiming system. I’m sorry, but I think there should be an auto target system. Yes it would destroy some of the frustrating mechanics of the game, but I’m sure they developed radar before WWII, 1936 to be exact.



Furthermore, there are no women avatars, so I chose my own Hello Kitty Darth Vader just to be interesting.

However, enjoyed the simple game of blasting planes and running away by hammering the “f” key, it satisfied my bloodlust. I also like the realistic sounds, how simple it is to control your ship and how it’s as customizable as a Barbie with better guns.

So press “f” for victory and download Navy Field, look me up I’m raindragon16.

No comments:

Post a Comment