Custom Search

Friday, September 11, 2009

Video Games Just for Girls: You got it!

I have to say I totally agree with what this fellow girl gamer is saying. Are females so predictable to the gaining industry to where "OMG PSP LILAC!"


Video Games Just for Girls

...groan...
I can't stand the general stereotypes for women in the gaming world, they are either UGLY, you ain't got no alibi, or a lingerie warrior. That's right, I'm talkin' about all those scantly clad sex-goddesses waiting to wail on your gaming ass.




...yah, like her...

I will admit I rather see a scantily clad female compared to a loin-cloth-wearing...ok, so I think guys are hot, so what? We all know who games are marketed too, teenage boys. Hence the lingerie warrior.

However, I hate how game companies that a simple pink-fru-fru controller is going to engage more girls, while girls in video games are displayed a sex objects, just bitchy, or the brainless princess.

I would love to have a group of researchers actually sit down with girls, who play video games, and ask what they want out of a game. That's all...never happen, but I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment