Custom Search

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Runes of Magic: Nothing New

Runes of Magic

This MMORPG was a copy paste of WOW without the creative designs or creatures you pay 15$ a month for.

What I found to be very annoying was when signing into their account management, I had to create a new account in order to apply for the “free” game. I had to find this on the forum: Runes of Magic Forum for the Login Issue

And do not forget to change your region before you “start game” on the loading screen, because if you forget it will not recognize your ID and password until you change it to the appropriate country.

It was a beautiful game to play, but it failed to be any different from the other MMORPGS I’ve played. Mostly it lacked any unique character races; elves and humans were it, that was it, and pointy ears do not improve hearing people.

My favorite part of the creation was the boob adjuster, only for females, sorry.

Like any other “free” game, there was the option of buying “diamonds” to buy unique items online, but this doesn’t effect the gameplay too much because badass gear still has leather straps holding it together.




Was this false advertising? As with all movies promoting a game. Of course they show awesome battle sequences that never happen in game and even when they do have one featuring in game footage, everyone looked the same and bland.

I’m also confused about what exactly this game was. Why are the elves in exile? Who are we going to fight? Why? Nothing was explained.

Anyway, when you did begin there was an offer for a tutorial, take it, it gives a mount. However, the next fifty million quests are the tutorial, yay repetition….what am I four?

I still do not fully understand why people want to play a human character. It’s boring, you’re a human now, why do you want to play one on a fantasy RPG? I insist on playing a freaky character, because at least I’m something different than a clone of myself who can leap buildings.

To be honest, if you like WOW in a simple format, this is a good game. But it lacks the originality of WOW and fails to present anything unique for the gamer explorer.


Just tell me this doesn't look like a dragonhawk >>

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the dual class system or the Arkane Transmutor? These are definitely new things that aren't in WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the game lost my interest before I could even try the dual class system...which sounds as annoying to use as it is in DnD.

    ReplyDelete